Sunday, April 21, 2013

Writing...it's in the blood.


One of the best things about parenting? Seeing your kids develop into young adults and watching them figure out what they want to be when they "grow up". This week I had the awesome experience of watching my 14 year old daughter, who will admit without hesitation she has no clue what she wants to be in the future, show more determination and discipline than most people I know--including myself! 

B decided to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this month. She set a goal of writing 50K words, and had a schedule, a quota to meet each day. One evening, I walked by, and she had a spoon with a heap of Nutella on it sitting on the table next to her. I teased, "Aren't you going to eat that?" She replied, without taking her eyes off the screen and her typing fingers barely slowing, "It's my reward when I get all my words for today written." :-) 

Now, she has changed her goal. Increased it, in fact, to 75K, because she hit 50K today. -D

Keep it up, B! I'm so proud of you, and I can't wait to read the book. I know I'm going to enjoy it immensely. :

Hugs,
~J (aka Proud Mama)


No comments:

Post a Comment