Sunday, March 13, 2011

My weekend (AKA I need sleep!)

It is 3am. (We just sprung forward and lost an hour. Oh woe!) I wish very much I was sleeping and have a feeling I'll be wishing that all through this day.

Honestly, my sleep schedule is so messed up, despite my efforts to regulate it. LOL I'm a night owl, always have been. But I've been trying to retrain my brain to understand that I can actually write when the sun is shining. Much harder than it seems! Comes from all the late night writing when the kids were teeny tiny, I think. Really, though, writing during the day, when ALL the kids are at school, would really be ideal. I should be taking advantage of the situation, no? Well, I am trying, and my body/mind is revolting.

Friday, I wrote during the day, but then the book was really flowing and I ended up writing until 2am. I would have kept going but I was soooo tired. So I saved, shut down and headed to bed. And laid awake for the next 4+ hours. Normally, I'd get up and do something when I can't sleep - write, read, even clean - but I was just exhausted and my head hurt. So, I just stayed in bed and played over the ending of the book I'm writing in my head over and over again. :-\ I managed to squeeze a few hours of sleep in, but then had to be up (and alert!) because the oldest kiddo had friends coming over.

As a group, for Spanish class, they had to make a cooking show (and yes, they had to do it all in Spanish). Somehow, it was decided it would recorded on location at Casa de Jarman.

So much of the day was spent with three teenage boys rehearsing and filming the making of churros, then editing it for DVD burning. I will admit they made me laugh, despite my sleep deprivation, and they did a fantastic job.

And the churros were muy delicioso!

After they boys went home and things quieted down, I settled in to get writing. I managed to get some good words down, but then got a headache. Not surprising with lack of sleep! So I decided to make it an early night. Fell asleep quickly, and proceeded to wake up every 45 minutes or so. And that brings us to now - 3am and can't fall back asleep.

I can't really complain, I suppose. I've gotten a lot of writing done this weekend despite the less than ideal sleep schedule. Now, I'm going to try to quiet my brain and see if I can catch a few more zzzz's. If not, maybe I can squeeze in a nap sometime today. :-)

Hugs
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment