Monday, June 7, 2010

Start of another week...

...the last week of school for the kiddos. I look forward to and dread summer vacation every year.

I love summer--don't care for the cold Midwestern winters--but with 4 kids, our crazy schedule is just as crazy in the months of no school. Sports and camps and all that jazz. The hubs and I try to do as much as we can *with* them, because we know the time is coming with hanging out with Mom and Dad is going to be the last thing they want to do.

But it's all good--I've planned out my summer schedule and know exactly what I want/need to accomplish. For me, it really helps to get my plans on paper or on screen. I need that right in front of me, reminding me of what needs to happen, otherwise--I'll admit it--I totally flake and at the end of summer vaca, I'm sitting there scratching my head, wondering why I didn't get more done. LOL

I've been updating my website (after giving this blog a bit of a makeover), which is a hair pulling experience. Drives me crazy every time, but in a warped way, I enjoy it. Best feeling ever when it turns out the way I want it to--it's just the journey to that point can be a bit frustrating.

I'm still working on Seth (the next Into the Shadows book), and that is coming along so well, I'm kinda scared. LOL If all goes well, and darn it, it'd better, I'll be sending off to my editor by the weekend. Wooot.

I guess I'd better get back to it. :)
Happy Monday, all!
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment