Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random thoughts...

LOL No snarky comments about how all my thoughts are random. :)

This week has been good. I've definitely caught up on my sleep. I napped off and on all day yesterday. *sigh* I love a good nap.

I'm almost caught up on my work for the day job. Still not exactly where I want to be, but close. Have I mentioned how much I love my job? I get to work at home--in my flannel jammies if I want. :) I have an awesome boss who is very understanding when something happens with the family (like the sickies). Can't beat that. And I make my own hours for the most part. Very cool when you have a young family.

I have most of the house clean for the birthday party this weekend. Though that will be my focus tomorrow. The kids' room will even be clean. We are switching rooms around. See, we have 3 rooms for 4 kids. So half the year, the girls get their own rooms, and the other half the boys do. Now is the boys' turn for their own rooms, so they are stoked about that.

Writing is happening in small spurts lately. Not surprising with everything else going on, but I'm hoping for some solid writing hours next week. I'm finishing up a novella-length menage story--which I am loving. I have completely and utterly fallen in love with the heroes. In my mind, the heroine is pretty damned lucky, though at times, she'd disagree with me. :)

I'm also working on the next book in The Fey series. That has been a hoot to write too. Lots of twists that I didn't expect, but that's a good thing. :) I think they make the story even better. Let's hope my editor agrees. hehehe

So I'm off to finish up a project for the day job, then it's to bed with me. :)

~J

1 comment:

  1. Switching the rooms around like that is a brilliant move! You're brilliant with the mom stuff!

    Can't wait to read the new faery book!

    ReplyDelete