Monday, February 23, 2009

Night of the Senses ~ NOW AVAILABLE


Today, Night of the Senses is available! Woot! This is an anthology to which I contributed, along with Desiree Holt, Victoria Blisse, Sierra Cartwright, Ashley Ladd, Kim Dare.

My story, "Sweet Urges", centers around the sense of taste. It was a blast to write and I had so much fun with Jace and Carly. Here's the blurb:

After lusting after her friend, Jace, for years, Carly summons up the nerve to seduce him. But what if the experience isn't what she imagined? Can she hang on to their friendship after a night in his arms?

Carly has a mission - seduce her friend Jace Thomas. For years, she has wanted him. His dominating ways in the bedroom don't deter her in any way. In fact, she craves discipline and punishment at his hands.

While attracted to Carly, Jace has vowed never to act on that attraction, certain she would want nothing to do with his preferences in the bedroom. When Carly sets out to seduce him, he gives in to temptation, but holds back. He is shocked when Carly is furious with him afterwards.

Unsure how to act after their night together, the two friends avoid each other. Can they repair their friendship and go back to the way things were? Will that be enough for Jace and Carly?

And an excerpt:

Jace awoke slowly, stretching lazily. He reached an arm out and felt…nothing. Where was she? He opened his eyes and immediately calmed. There she was, getting dressed a few feet away. She was bent over, pulling her panties up her legs, presenting him with an enticing view of her ass. Jace closed his eyes momentarily as the urge to redden the sweet cheeks overwhelmed him. God, what he’d give to warm the pale skin with the palm of his hand, over and over. His cock came to attention at the thought.

He shifted the comforter so his hard on wouldn’t be so noticeable and watched as Carly finished dressing. When she headed for the door without even a glance in his direction, he frowned.

“Where ya going, Car?” he asked, sitting up.

She froze in the doorway and turned slowly. “Home. I have things to do.”

Her cold tone deepened his frown. What the hell was going on?

“What’s wrong?” He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood, forgetting about hiding his erection.

Her gaze lowered to his crotch and her lips parted slightly. Then she shook her head and looked him in the eye. “Nothing’s wrong. I just have things to do, that’s all.”

“Don’t bullshit me, Carly. I know you. Do you regret last night? Is that why you were trying to sneak away before I woke up?” He couldn’t keep the bitterness out of his voice. Dammit, after all the years of wanting her in the worst way, this was not how he’d pictured the morning after.

“I wasn’t sneaking away,” she snapped, running hand through her tousled hair. “And no, I don’t regret anything. I just…” she trailed off.

“What?” he barked. “If you didn’t enjoy it, you did a damned fine job of faking it. Fuck, your pussy was clamped so tight around me… I know you came. And came hard.”

“For crying out loud!” She threw her arms up, exasperation clear on her face. “Yes, I came, Jace. You made me come harder than I ever have before. Are you happy now? Is your male ego intact?”

Anger coiled inside him. What the fuck was this? “My ego? Dammit, Carly! You came to me. You wanted this.”

“No!” She stomped her foot. “I wanted you! And you held back.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Come on. You think I don’t know about…about what you like in bed?” Her face reddened as she continued to shout at him. “Was I just a pity fuck for you? Take poor Carly to bed and make her come. She hasn’t had a man in a while.”

Jace stared at her, dumbfounded. “A pity fuck? That’s stupid.”

“Is it?” Her voice was quiet now and Jace’s gut ached when he saw tears in her eyes. “You weren’t with me the same way you were with other women. What else am I supposed to think?”

“Carly.” He stepped forward and held out a hand, trying to wrap his mind around what she was saying. “You wanted…”

She shook her head and backed away. “It’s fine, Jace. We’ll just forget this, right? Thank you. Thank you for making me come. You’re a great friend.” Her voice broke and she turned and ran from the room.

Jace stood for a moment, staring at the empty doorway, before sinking onto the edge of the bed. Well, fuck.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment