Friday, January 21, 2011

Let the hyperventilating begin...

Okay, 10YOM has been sent to editor and I'm in dire need of a nap. LOL I spent a good part of the night reading over the ms and tweaking, tweaking, tweaking...

Right now, I'm feeling an odd mixture of relief (OMG, I finally sent it and can work on another ms!) and panic/nervousness (OMG, I finally sent it and it will be read by editor!) It doesn't matter how many mss I've submitted or how many books I've had release, I still get nervous when I hit "send". Okay, fine, I get nervous well before that point, but it hits the high point as soon as I click that "send" button. I don't know if that will ever go away. And frankly, I don't know if I want it to. Sure, I could do without the churning stomach and obsessive inbox stalking, but I don't ever want to get comfortable and assume an editor is going to like my stuff. I want that push to put the extra work into each and every manuscript. Though admittedly, sometimes I need a nudge, or ALL CAPS IM, to tell me to quit fiddling and just send the thing. (Thank you Dev, Bron, and Gwen for being that for me many, many times! You rock.)

So, now that I've sent 10YOM off, what am I doing now? Well, there is definitely a nap in my near future, believe me! LOL Then I'm keeping the momentum going. I'm diving into a ms that I'm already 34K into. Yeah, that's right, another nearly finished manuscript that's mocking me--not for 10 years mind you! but long enough. I'm so close to being done with this one, I figure if I fit a couple solid blocks of writing in this weekend, I'll have this done by the end of the weekend. Then it's onto a trio of vamps that are running around in my mind, wreaking havoc. They aren't the most patient of characters and want their stories very much. :-D

In un-writing news, it's freaking cold in MN today. Currently at 16 below. Weather channel says we'll hit 0 degrees sometime around 1 this afternoon. Yeah, I'm not setting foot out there. No sirree. I made sure I got the fixings for dinner last night (okay, I texted the hubby at work yesterday and he picked up the fixings on his way home, but *I* arranged it!). So I'm thinking, lazy day with naps, dinner and family time, then into writing time. :-D

Hope everyone is keeping warm, especially those in the Midwest, and has a fantastic weekend!
Hugs
~J

1 comment:

  1. ~sniff~ 10YOM is no more. My baby, who I named and fretted over alongside you, it's mother...

    Nice new blog arrangement and BOOYA on taking 10YOM off the Works In Progress tickers!! :D

    And you're welcome, happy to yell at...uh, I mean encourage you.

    ReplyDelete