Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where did summer go????

I really don't know the answer to that. All I know is I have to go meet the kids' teachers on Tuesday and they start school a week after that. Ack. I'm looking forward to having my days back to myself (love my kiddos to death, but you try writing sex scenes then having to snap the laptop shut when a kid sneaks up behind you ninja-style. LOL).

All in all, it's been a great summer--even with the camping trips. *shudder* Last week, Gwen Cease visited, and it was a freaking blast. My kids love her, my husband calls her his second wife, and we just get along like peas and carrots. We visited, drank cheap wine, wrote a ton, and even fit a trip to the salon in there. And can I just mention the scalp massage ... O...M...G. Is it wrong that it was a near orgasmic experience? Nah, I didn't think so.

Writing-wise, I finished the next story in my vampire series, Into the Shadows. Now, I'm working on 2 manuscripts that were complete. Yes, that's right. Two manuscripts complete sitting on my hard drive. *hangs head in shame* Don't know what what was up with me. Both are in fairly good shape, and I'm just tweaking and polishing before I send to my editor.

After that, I don't know what I'm working on for sure. Still in the deciding phase there and trying not to dwell on it while I work on the current mss.

Now, I'd better get back to writing, as I've spent the rest of the day working the day job. It was *supposed* to be a writing day. Whoopsie. Better get to gettin'.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment