Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ode to My To-do List

What do I have to do to make you go away?
I diligently cross items off, yet you remain.
Not only that, but you seem to grow,
Not only by a few items, but rather exponentially.
How is this possible?

I've crumpled you up, torn you to bits,
Set you ablaze, tossed you in the trash.
But even when not in front of me physically,
Your laughter echoes in my mind
reminding me of all the things I have yet to do.

You keep me awake at night,
Distract me from enjoyable things.
Foolishly, I have hope that you will one day disappear,
Or at least take a vacation, so I can enjoy one myself.
I'll continue on, drawing lines through each task.

Writing this accomplished something--
"Write blog post" gets stricken from the list.
And as soon as I hit "Publish Post"
I can add "Post blog post" to the done column.
It's little victories like that that keep me going.



~J

1 comment:

  1. TESTIFY!!!!!

    I'm so there with you, babe!

    BTW, LOVE the new covers!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete