Friday, March 6, 2009

Even fictional men don't listen...

Oy, the man is giving me a headache.

Not the hubby. LOL The hero in the book I'm working on. He doesn't want to cooperate...one iota! Bugger.

The story was flowing quite well tonight (er, last night). Then--BAM--totally hit a wall. The culprit? One sexy, stubborn man. He doesn't want to do what I want him to do, but doesn't want to share what he wants to do. Did any of that make sense?? LOL

Now, my non-writing friends look at me like I'm insane when I say things like that. :-D It's true, though, the characters in my head definitely have their own personalities and sometimes don't trust me to guide them through the story I have in my head.

So, I'm shutting it down for the night and going horizontal for a few hours. Have to be up in 4 hours with the kids--and no chance of a nice nap in there. I have tons to do around the house, plus I have FedEx coming to pick up a package. I had a new cord sent to me for my laptop, and have to send the old, defective one back. The time frame they told me to expect pick up? 9am to 8pm. HELLO???

So, wish me luck with the reluctant hero tomorrow!

Hugs,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment