Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday Randomness: If I Had a Million Dollars....

Happy Wednesday, friends. :) This week's topic: The First Five Things I'd Buy If I Won A Million Dollars. Well, what a topic. LOL

I'm afraid my list is going to be BORING, but here it is.


  1. Pay off our house - Obvious reasons. And I don't want a new house. I like my house just fine, thank you, but not having that monthly mortgage payment...THAT would be delightful. 
  2. Pay off hubby's and my student loans - Again obvious reasons. The amount we owe in student loans is ridiculous, and I KNOW our situation is not unique. 
  3. Help the kids with college expenses - Because. :)
  4. Buy a vacation home in the UP on Lake Superior - The UP will always be "home" to me. I miss it more than I can possibly express. I'm lucky that I get to visit often - including the fabulous retreat I'm a part of each year. But it's always been a dream of mine to have a place of our own up there. On the big lake. Where we could go any time we wanted. 
  5. I don't know about the final one. I guess I'd want to buy the hubs something he really wanted. Or maybe a trip for the two of us - something we'd both like. We end up doing a lot of traveling separately, so it'd be nice to go somewehre just the two of us to spend some quality time together. 
I know it's not super exciting, though if it were to ever happen, it'd be super exciting to ME. But that's what I'd do. 

What would the others do with that kinda cash? Go find out!



Until next week! 
Hugs
~J


2 comments:

  1. I think your list sounds perfect. Particularly the trip for you and your guy. And the vacation house on Superior. Not gonna lie...that would be amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your list is boring at all. It's practical and, at heart, we are all very practical. Though the house on Superior would be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete