Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday Randomness: When I Knew I Wanted to be a Writer

Happy Wednesday!

This is coming late because Blogger has decided to hate me - seriously, what did I ever do to you!? But, I shall persevere and this post will be put up!

So this week's topic is about how and when I knew I wanted to be a writer. Easy because I don't really remember a time when I didn't want to write and tell stories.
I remember when I was younger and didn't like the way a book, TV show or movie ended or developed, I'd make up my own ending or rewrite it how *I* thought it should go (OMG, I've been doing fanfic long before I even knew what it was *gasp*)

I'd lay in bed and tell my younger sister these revamped stories. Or make up stories involving us and our celebrity crushes at the time...absolutely mortifying when I think back on it.

In high school, I wrote and wrote and wrote. When I probably should have been paying attention in class. Whoops. I had notebooks filled with stories (truly horrendous stories, I might add, but all part of the journey, yeah?)
Writing was always a part of my life but for a long time it was shoved to the back burner as I went about my life--because writing as a career? I didn't think that was a possibility. I had my kids and was mom, but still wrote as often as I could. It was more recently, when deciding what I was going to do since my kid were in school ful time, that I (with the incredible support and encouragement from my pretty amazing husband) decided, why not? Why couldn't I make writing my career? It was all I ever wanted to do. Now, I'm blessed enough to be able to do what I love every day and call it my job. Lucky, lucky me. :) 

And that's that from me. Be sure to go and check out Bronwyn Green's blog and find out her story! 
Until next week.
Hugs
Jess

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of you telling J stories. That just makes me smile. Also, I love that you were also writing fanfic from an early age! :D

    ReplyDelete