Thursday, April 7, 2011

Head down, in the zone

What have I been up to this week? Easy answer - writing, writing, writing. Coming up on a deadline and it's serious BICHOK (butt in chair, hands on keyboard) time for me. I'm super happy the hubs is back from his trip, though I feel *slightly* guilty that I'm ignoring him to finish this book. Though he does understand, I know.

I was faltering a bit last week. No particular reason, really. Just a combination of things that made focusing on the current work-in-progress difficult. And I couldn't have changed those things even if I'd wanted to, so I'm not dwelling on them. Instead, I'm just blocking everything else out and finishing the book. And trusting that things will not fall apart just because I'm not micro-managing everything. (Have I mentioned I have control issues? LOL)

My pal, Devon Rhodes, wrote an awesome blog post about the things that can stop an author in her tracks. I identified with several of the points and was nodding and mm-hmmm'ing through the entire post. I encourage you to go check the post out! :-)

Now, it's time to go eke out a few more words before turning in for the night!

Hugs
~J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment